Any child born in or outside of Thailand with at least one Thai citizen parent is a Thai citizen. The Thai parent can report the birth of the child to the proper authority and the child will acquire Thai citizenship.
Parents who wish to obtain a Thai passport for their child must present the required documents to the passport office or a Thai embassy abroad.
If the parents are married, both parents must accompany their minor child during the passport application process.
If the parents are not legally married, the mother has sole custody of the child and needs to bring a certificate of parental power (Por. Kor. 14) issued by a district office. Click here to see a sample Por. Kor. 14
- Thai Birth Certificate
- House Registration Book
- Parents' valid passports (foreigner parent) and Thai Identity Cards (Thai parent)
- Marriage Certificate of parents (if applicable)
- The parents are required to both sign the application form in order to give their consent for their minor child to apply for his/her passport in person. If one parent is unable to sign the application form, a Letter of Consent issued by the local authority is required.
- A certificate of Parental Power (Por. Kor. 14) is needed in the case of unmarried parents.
How To Apply For A Thai Passport:
- Submit all required documents to the officer at the information desk.
- Get a queue number.
- When you are called an officer will collect biometric data and take a photograph.
- Pay fee of 1,000 baht and postage fee of 40 baht.